Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird-1.0.2.908 on Windows 2003 Server
Author Oliver Brockmann
Christian Gütter wrote:

> Hello Oliver,
>
> Friday, July 25, 2003, 8:50:00 PM, you wrote:
>

>>>Why did you move from Win2000 to Win2003 ?
>>>

>>because we need it's terminal server features in order to
>>provide access to the application on the server. users
>>log on via the terminal services and work locally.
>

> Isn't this possible with Windows 2000 Server, too?

yes. but you have certain shortcomings concerning color
depth (important feature for our application) and screen
resolution. we also need to adopt client settings to match
different bandwiths. we have users dialing in over 64k and
those coming over a 2mbit line...

for clarification: we are no m$ masochists. we are planing
to move the db to a red hat machine asap. however the server
has been switched and i cannot roll back and an appropriate
rh machine is not available at the moment. so i need a
quick fix...