Subject Re: [firebird-support] collate problem
Author Raymond Kennington
Dmitry Yemanov wrote:

> Raymond,
>
> > The author, David Schnepper, requested that I look into what's
> > required for him to update it to be compatible with 1.5, but no-one
> > has replied to my request for help yet.
>
> I've contacted Dave a long while ago and we both think there won't be any
> issues with v1.5 and ibCollations. You just need to rename the library to
> fbintl2.dll.

Dmitry,

I've just tested this and when I run in IB Expert:

create table T2
(
"Name" Char(30) character set iso8859_1 BETA_DE_DE_NOCASE
);

I get the message:

The operation is not defined for system tables.

The following is accepted:

create table T2
(
"Name" Char(30) character set iso8859_1 DE_DE
);

--
Raymond Kennington
Programming Solutions