Subject Re: [firebird-support] How to compare two tables?
Author Raymond Kennington
Raymond Kennington wrote:

> Marco Menardi wrote:
> >
> > Hi, is there a "clever" sql way to compare two tables?
> > Put that table A and table B have this structure:
> > EMPLOYER_ID, SALARY
> > I want to find:
> > a) if A has EMPLOYERS (records) that B misses
> > b) if B has EMPLOYERS (records) that A misses
> > c) if an employer in A table has a different salary than the same has
> > in B table (an vice versa, but seems not necessary to check ;))

Replace my last suggestion with:

SELECT A.Employer_ID, A.Employer_ID, B.Salary, B.Salary
FROM A FULL OUTER JOIN B
ON A.Employer_ID = B.Employer_ID
WHERE NOT ( (A.Employer_ID = B.Employer_ID)
AND (A.Salary = B.Salary))

Conditions for NULLs could be included, but I think they are
irrelevant.
--
Raymond Kennington
Programming Solutions