Subject Re: fbudf under linux
Author Fabrice Aeschbacher
Helen,

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
wrote:
> So - to be clear - you only have the problem on one machine?

To be clear:

- Using firebird_CS_1.0.3/linux, I can load UDFs from ib_udf.so, but
not from fb_udf.so (even after having renamed it fbudf.so, and
verified that the DECLAREs are coherent with filenames)

- Using firebird_CS_1.5/linux, I can load UDFs from both ib_udf.so and
fb_udf.so (this was tested on another computer)

(The tries above were both done with the ib_udf.so and fb_udf.so files
which come with FB1.5, as you suggested).

> >FB 1.5 comes with 2 udf libs: ib_udf.so and fb_udf.so
>
> Frank S-G thinks the misnaming of fbudf.so as fb_udf.so is probably
a typo.
> So you can fix it (to comply with the declaration in fbudf.sql) with a
> symlink inside the ../UDF directory:
>
> ln -s fb_udf.so fbudf.so
>
> heLen

It still does not work. But don't worry about it, I found another
solution - using just UDFs from ib_udf.so

Thanks for your help,
Fabrice