Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird Time type field clarification
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:59 PM 3/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I was just told that IB's time fields do not store the milliseconds. I'm
>pretty sure that Firebird's does because that would explain why my
>TIBDataset (from IBX) searches are not working. I just wanted someone to
>verify this. We need accurate times.

It does store fractions of seconds, but they are ten-thousandths of
seconds, not milliseconds.

What you have probably heard is that CURRENT_DATE, CURRENT_TIME and 'NOW'
don't store fractions of seconds. That is true. You can get an exact
timestamp from the server using the GetExactTimestamp() UDF in FBUDF.

heLen