Subject Re: RES: [firebird-support] Error in DB
Author Ann Harrison
Marcelo Pitanga wrote:

>gfix -v -full -user SYSDBA -password masterkey c:\temp\copia.gdb
>
>if this command reports errors then try:
>
>1) gfix -mend -full -ignore -user SYSDBA -password masterkey
>c:\temp\copia.gdb
>2) gbak -backup -v -ignore -garbage -limbo -user SYSDBA -password masterkey
>c:\temp\copia.gdb c:\temp\copia.gbk
>
>the command (1) prepare your database to backup
>
>gbak -create -v -user SYSDBA -password masterkey c:\temp\copia.gbk
>c:\temp\ok.gdb
>
>this command execute a restore creating a new database.

That's generally very good advice, but in this particular case, I think
it won't work. My guess is that he's got a missing TIP (transaction
inventory page). On scenario is that the system was running with forced
writes turned off and crashed - possibly due to a power failure - with a
few pages at the end still in the system cache and not on disk.

Regards,

Ann