Subject Re: [firebird-support] changing live SP
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:11 PM 26/06/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>If I (sysdba) change a SP in a live database (one with users already
>attached and working away)
>when can I rely upon the users 'seeing' the new version. Does it work like
>data or ?

It will get compiled when every transaction touching every table that's
touched by the SP is either committed or rolled back. Now, you can wait
for that condition to transpire, or you can do a forced shutdown to make it
happen. It will save you time to do the shutdown BEFORE you attempt to
compile, so you cut off the old version cleanly and can test the new
version before letting any users get to it.

heLen