Subject Re: [firebird-support] How to specify which UPPER() to be called
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
At 10:18 24.06.2003 +0000, you wrote:
> From all the tests, discussions and reading about the
>subject, I'm on the impression that Firebird's reluctance
>to uppercase 'ü' to 'Ü' must be considered defective
>behaviour.

Maybe it is, but I do find your test very strange. Whenever I want to
compare the uppercase equivalent of a field with a constant, then I do make
sure my constant is in uppercase to start with. Hence, I would never write
something like

select c from t
where UPPER(c) = UPPER (
CAST ('Füße' AS CHAR(30) character set ISO8859_1)
collate de_de)

Rather, I would do

select c from t
where UPPER(c) = 'FÜßE'

Of course, you may have reasons that I do not know or understand to not
insert the constant using uppercase.

Set