Subject Re: [ib-support] Difference between Oldest Active and Next Transaction
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Thursday 12 June 2003 21:33, you wrote:

Hi,

> Roughly how far apart can the oldest transaction and the Next
> transaction be before you know you have a problem.

In theory, no bigger than the number of concurrent transactions you
application can produce. For instance, if your app only uses a single
transaction at once, and you have 50 concurrent users, if should never get
bigger than 50.

In practice, it never quite works like that <g> The two warning signs I look
out for are

- The difference not returning to 1 when everyone 'logs out'
- The difference going above 3x expected concurrent transaction count

Phil

--
10:07pm up 57 days, 11:00, 1 user, load average: 0.38, 0.12, 0.04
ICQ: 760757 AIM: pjshrimpton Y!: pjshrimpton