Subject Re: DB > 2Go
Author Fabrice Aeschbacher
Jason,

> Do you have any DB connections (in actual fact transactions), that
are open
> for a long period of time.

As long as the DB size is < 2Gb, I can use gstat, which tells me that
all transaction are correctly committed, the gap between OIT and next
transaction is constant. As soon as DB gets > 2Gb, gstat exit with an
error (File too large). But I'm quite sure that every transaction is
opened and immediately committed.

> Regular sweeps and regular viewing of stats to ensure the DB is self
> cleaning. If you are putting very large images into a table I would be
> prone to putting the Transaction number in an audit row and image
row and
> see how many deleted records are unable to be cleaned from the
database due
> to unswept data.

How do I get the Transaction number programmatically? How do I see how
many deleted records are unable to be cleaned due to unswept data?

> Garbled I know, but there is no reason for not using FB for images,
movies,
> but you have to be a little careful if you churn (add and delete) the
> contents of the DB continuously as non-garbage collected, deleted
rows do
> not release space in the DB.

I'll try

FA