Subject RE: [ib-support] Sorting and Searching BLOB SUB_TYPE 1 fields
Author Robert DiFalco
Thanks for the tips!

>> When I need sorting on blobs, I extract and
>> store keywords from the client side when
>> inserting blob data.

I can't really do this because many clients will be contributing data.
But I suppose I can keep a second VARCHAR field that is a truncated
version of the BLOB. Of course, as I understand it, this would have to
be pretty small in order to be usable for indexing. I could have
hundreds of thousands of these, so I don't know if a row scan without an
index is feasible.

R.