Subject RE: [ib-support] Select question
Author Louis Kleiman
I have created stored procs that do exactly this. Let me know if you are
interested in them.

Louis Kleiman

SSTMS, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandor Szollosi [mailto:ssani@...]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 11:32 AM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] Select question

Hi all

There are a Table1 containing nodes of a tree.
Fields: ID,Name,ParentNodeID,RootNodeID

User can add more childnode to any existing node.
This will cause new records appending into Table1. And results a
difficult tree in a simple table.

But if I have an ID, how would I select ParentNodeID of it,
and if exists ParentNodeID its parent,
and if exists ParentNodeID of parent's parent, etc.
I'd like to get all IDs up to RootNode in this line.

Have you any idea to make one select to do it?

TIA
Sandor

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=17051153