Subject Re: [ib-support] Firebird and the windows registry
Author German Terrazas
yes, I know. I will explain what I want to do.

1. I have a delphi application using firebird.

2. The applic should run at win9x, NT, w2k

3. NT and w2k use service concept and win9x use "task" concept.

4. When the applic starts, it needs to check for the firebird service/task
availabilty. Since win9x does not use service concept as NT or w2k does, I
am looking for the firebird task at both cases (you could find out the
firebird task performing CTR+ALT+DEL in your NT or w2k labeled
firebird.exe).

5. If the task does not exists, then the application starts ibserver.exe
and continue. Otherwise, the application just continue.

In order to perform 5, I am reading the regitry values. That is why I am
asking a way to search it.

I found the registry key, but it only contains the bin path not the
full .exe path.

Any idea to reach it ?

thanks,
german