Subject Re: [ib-support] Backup and restore of a database
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:02 PM 18/03/2003 +1000, you wrote:

>Basically, the database could be modified through a client connecting or
>through the interbase server dumping its cache, or whatever it does... I
>need to be sure this hasn't happened while I'm renaming the files.

You shouldn't be renaming database files in their normal location while the
server is running, anyway. Of course you can expect corruption if you try
to do any filesystem-level things to the database whilst users are
connected, or trying to connect. You can't fix a puncture on a moving vehicle!

You shouldn't even try to perform metadata updates whilst you don't have
exclusive access to the database...

heLen