Subject RE: [ib-support] IN clause, limitation to 1550 items
Author Alan McDonald
How do you get these 1500+ items anyway? Are they fixed in your code? or do
you select them... if the latter, then why isn't a "where in select" clause
more appropriate?
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: develop111 [mailto:develop111@...]
Sent: Sunday, 16 March 2003 7:35 AM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] IN clause, limitation to 1550 items

I'm currently using IB 6 OpenSoucre version with my Delphi programs.
I'm planning to migrate to Firebird in a near future. A limitation
with IB 6 is that I cannot have more than 1500 items within the "IN"
clause in a query.

Example: SELECT * FROM PRODUCTS WHERE PRODUCTID IN ('PRODUCT1', '
PRODUCT2, ...)

Is this limitation is the same with Firebird ?

Many thanks