Subject Re: [ib-support] Multi-processor support with Linux?
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At March 12, 2003, 16:53, David Montgomery wrote:

> In the past we have only deployed IB/FB (from version 4.2 through FB
> 1.0) on Windows NT or Windows 2000 servers.

> Now, we are looking to put FB 1.5 when it is released on a brand
> spanking new RH8 multi-processor machine.

> In the past, IB's super-server architecture didn't like
> multi-processor configurations, and the ibserver.exe process had to be
> set with an 'affinity' to a particular processor.

> Can anyone tell me if this remains true for FB 1.5?

It still is for SuperServer. But on Linux, Classic Server was already
available in FB 1.0 and it can run on an SMP, since each connection to the
server creates its own process. With FB 1.5, you'll also have a
Classic Server that runs on Windows.

> If so, how does one set processor 'affinity' with Linux?

Through Firebird's configuration file(Linux and Windows).

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail