Subject Re: [ib-support] characterset for conversion of msacces-database
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:50 PM 10/03/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>After using a characterset name in CREATE DATABASE my msaccess-tables
>will not convert anymore due to transliteration errors. What
>characterset definition should I use ?
>I tried ISO8859_1, WIN1251 - WIN1252 all with the same errrors.

Do you know which charset the Access data is stored in?
Follow Martijn's advice and set the character set of your connect to match
that of the database.

Then, if you are still getting the transliteration error, you could
experiment with "casting" the incoming string data to that character
set. For example, with ISO8859_1:

INSERT INTO ATABLE(INTCOL, STRINGCOL)
VALUES (99, _ISO8859_1 'StringWithTestChars');

>Using NONE will convert all right, but that's not my favorite
>solution.

You'll need to choose a character set that is compatible with the client
character sets, too....

heLen