Subject RE: [ib-support] Database corruption after alter table
Author email
Hi

Tray to do an

select * from T_EINFACHANGEBOT where f_id_ma_beleg is null

if it returns records, update the field with no null and commit

Regards

Bogdan

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Schäfer [mailto:ca_schaefer@...]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 12:01 PM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] Database corruption after alter table

Hi,

i'm doing the following statements to add a column to a table (with IBExpert
PE,Firebird 1.02, Win2KSP3):

ALTER TABLE T_EINFACHANGEBOT ADD f_id_ma_beleg INTEGER NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE T_EINFACHANGEBOT ADD CONSTRAINT "EA_MA_BELEG" FOREIGN KEY
("F_ID_MA_BELEG") REFERENCES T_MITARBEITER ("ID_MITARBEITER") ON UPDATE NO
ACTION ON DELETE CASCADE;

There is no error reportet from ibexpert, though i forget to define a
default value for the new column.
A select shows me that 0 is insertet, which would be correct.

But after this updates restore is not working anymore.
The backup of this database shows no errors but with a restore of this
backup i get an aritmetic overflow ... error.

Does anybody know why there is no error reportet for my updates, though it
corrupts the database ?

gruß
Carsten