Subject Re: [ib-support] using FB API
Author Oscar Kuchuk
My point of view on this subject

1.- Most layers are delphi dependant
2.- There's a great extent of libraries and software writen in c
and c++ you can benefit from
3.- If you spent lot of time learning c++ (as in my case) you would
like to get benefits from this.
4.- I'v wrote some applications that need to run some complex processes
and calculations dificult to resolve with store procedures,
so i wrote some c++ code thats run on the same linux box running
firebird, cron is in charge of launching those small applications.
5.- Some times depending on not standard languages can be dificult.

5.- I'm choosing firebird not only because its a very good database engine
but for the availability of the API itself.