Subject Re: [ib-support] Problem with Linux and Firebird
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:08 PM 26/02/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> Hello, my name is Antonio, and I'm trying to install firebird in
>a linux box.
>

> My problem is that I can access FB when I'm inside linux, but I
>can't access to FB from a WinXP box.
>
> Someone has any ideas?

When you have a problem, it is necessary to provide information about
it. As a minimum, we need to know what database version you are using and
what error messages you are seeing.

You can keyword-search the archives of this list on yahoo
("connecting"). You can study the manuals - get hold of the IB 6
Operations Guide from the Downloads > Interbase page of www.ibphoenix.com
and study "Connecting to a database" in the chapter "Network
configuration". It also has good advice on troubleshooting connection
problems.

heLen