Subject RE: [ib-support] Howto create >1 field in table, using IBOConsole or IBAccess?
Author Wilson, Fred
Ahhh, do you mean something like:

Alter Table blah
Add MyNewColumn INTEGER;

Best regards,
Fred Wilson
SE, Böwe Bell & Howell
fred.wilson@... <mailto:fred.wilson@...>

-----Original Message-----
From: jwhinyyc <wexsessa@...> [mailto:wexsessa@...]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 2:55 PM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ib-support] Howto create >1 field in table, using IBOConsole or
IBAccess?

Using Firebird 1.0.2, Windows 2000 PRo SP3, latest versions of
IBOConsole and IBAccess.
Using IBOConsole, I have created a database, with 1 table which has 1
field. I can't see how to create additional fields in that table -
the only 'create' is for another Table.

Using IBAccess, things look more promising. I can go through the
motions of adding a new field, specify the fieldname, type (varchar)
and maxsixe (32), but when I click 'OK' an error says "unsuccessful
metadata update, table column not found".

I would not expect it to be found, since I am currently trying to
create it.

Help, please. I seem to be missing something obvious but can't see
what.

NB previous experience with databases is somewhat limited - mostly VB
or VB-Script with *.csv files or MS SQL-Server.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=17051153
86:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupmai