Subject SV: [ib-support] Porting from mysql to firebird
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
Hej Jonas, jag märkte inte du var svensk.

At 14:13 21.02.2003 +0100, you wrote:
>So if I want to insert data to all three tables (using odbc):
>1. Run a query to fetch a id from gen_id
>2. Insert data to user_info
>3. insert data to user_extension
>4. insert data to user_number
>
>Or am I missing something?

Yup, that it is how I would have done it. Of course there are other things
to think of as well, e.g. transactions or what to do if someone tries to
insert without specifying the PK or if you want to ascertain an unbroken
sequence for a field (there will be gaps with generators in case of
rollbacks), but you've understood the basic principle about using generators.

Set