Subject Re: [ib-support] newbie question : NUMERIC and DECIMAL type difference
Author Marco Bommeljé
Hi there,

BigDecimal is a type that is introduced for Oracle only.
Oracle has lots of awkward, non-standard datatypes among which only
one numeric type. It holds exact numerics with a precision of 36 or 38
(can't remember, something huge).

This non-standard implementation is non-transparent for any
middle-ware or application code. So in the end, everyone has to adapt
to Oracle. Which is probably precisely their objective.

Keep the good work going,
Marco

--
-- Marco Bommeljé