Subject Re: [ib-support] Utility to find slow queries?
Author Mark Patterson
Svein Erling Tysvaer wrote:
> Paradox is very different from Fb in how you do things, but you do know
> that already, don't you? I think indexes can affect speed during imports in
> Fb too, but I'm uncertain as to what extent.

Well, yes, just showing what I'm up against. But I don't know much about how FB
works.

> Threads? Well, I know the word, but haven't ever tried using any. If that
> is the source of your problems, none of my suggestions will help (or if
> they do, it is pure fluke).

Well, I broke the 2-threaded part into a 2 consecutive threads and found no
improvement. So that theory's out.

We used Firebird workbench and found that if we data-pumped the whole lot out
and back in it ran much faster. What had been taking 9s was taking <2s.

So, explain that! Especially if it helps us to tweak our DB.

Regards,

Mark