Subject Re: [ib-support] Post in transaction
Author Burak OZLER
yes all or nothing...

if the procedures gets an error then I want to give the user a chance to correct the values that s/he entered the form by rollbacking the second not rollback all the data. Indeed I need nested transactions but firebird doesn't support it yet..

regards
burak..
----- Original Message -----
From: Wilson, Fred
To: 'ib-support@yahoogroups.com'
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 4:55 PM
Subject: RE: [ib-support] Post in transaction

Sounds like you're interested in a "all or nothing" thing, that is, all the
SQL statements must succeed or you want none of them to succeed. A single
transaction does just that, either commit or rollback..
If that's not what you're trying to do, please explain further.

Best regards,
Fred Wilson
SE, Böwe Bell & Howell
fred.wilson@...