Subject Re: complex select
Author Marco Menardi <mmenaz@lycosmail.com>
You CAN use SP in a select. Be sure that you have a SUSPEND on each
row that is returned by the SP, or if only one is returned, at the end
of the SP.
One trick I learned is use JOIN with ON (1=1) when you don't have
comparison fields usefull for the join.

You will have selects like this:
CLIENTI.NOME,
GET_CONTO_CORRENTE_UNICO.OUT_CONTO_CORRENTE_ID,
FROM WK_SELEZIONI
LEFT JOIN GET_CONTO_CORRENTE_UNICO(WK_SELEZIONI.CONDOMINIO_ID, 'DEF')
ON (1=1)
where GET_CONTO_CORRENTE_UNICO is a SP, and
WK_SELEZIONI.CONDOMINIO_ID, 'DEF' are input parameters of the SP.
OUT_CONTO_CORRENTE_ID is a returning value of the SP.

Consider also the use fo FOR SELECT ... in a SP, that gives you the
possibility of elaborate each line of your main select, and decide the
returning rows values.
regards
Marco Menardi

--- In ib-support@yahoogroups.com, "duilio_fos <irel_llc@l...>"