Subject Re: Taking forever to open
Author Michael Vilhelmsen <Michael.Vilhelmsen@M
HI Alan

> What OS machines?
I have tried on both Windows 98SE and Windows XP pro.
On Windows XP the Firebird DB runs as a service.

All my above exampels are a single machine with a single program
running using InterbaseExpress Compononts from Borland.

Michael

> How long is forever?
Depeding on the DB size.
I have a client using a Windows XP with a 250 Mb DB.
In the morning the first time it takes as long as 3 minutes to open.
Only the first time.

--- In ib-support@yahoogroups.com, "Alan McDonald" <alan@m...> wrote:
> Michael,
> What OS machines?
> How long is forever?
> What clients are connection (what language and connection
components)?