Subject RE: [ib-support] DB Sizing
Author Alan McDonald
I think your best bet, then would be to grab the employee.gdb sample
database, add the schema up and check it against the empirical file size.
you might get close that way - and maybe check another one which is a lot
bigger.
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Infocare Developer [mailto:dev@...]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 February 2003 12:22 AM
To: ib-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ib-support] DB Sizing

The overhead / Tare would be a start and I would appreciate that.

I was hoping there would be a formula that would say something like average
record size (for varchars etc) * #records + (#records * #indexes * index
size) + (arbitrary constant for file handling)
I know Oracle and Informix have ball park figure calcs like this that come
out to page sizes.