Subject Re: Views getting corrupt
Author nols_smit
My database always generate this problem upon a Backup/Restore on the
same 9 views out of 60. It's only 13MB in size. Perhaps the FireBird
developers may use it to pinpoint the cause.

Today I will test it with RC8 and report my findings here. As a
bypass I will create a script file to drop and re-create the views
and fire it off after a Backup/Restore action. I will also store
this script in a table as a text blob because inquisitive users may
fiddle with the SQL syntax.

Regards,

Nols Smit

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Tonies"
<m.tonies@u...> wrote:
> All,
>
> > M> I've had the same problem with InterBase 6 and Firebird 1. I
haven't
> > M> been able to figure out why it happens, even after close
examination of
> > M> the system tables ... :-/
> >
> > FWIW I have been observing similar behaviour on views based on
other
> > views since IB 5.6 (it looks like it is more frequent if the
> > deprecable syntax "create view ... as select * from ..." is used).
>
> I never use that syntax.
>
> > In my case a backup/restore didn't cure the problem, while
pumping the
> > data into an empty database did.
>
> In my case, backup/restore actually _caused_ it to happen.
>
> > Never been able to reproduce it in a simple case, though. I
suspect
> > the problem must be in the view metadata, but I have nothing yet
> > back up my suspicion.
>
> Re-creating the views solved the problem.
>
> I first thought it had to do with the charset/collation, we kinda
updated
> a system table to modify the default collation for that particular
charset.
> But when examining the system tables, I couldn't find any
differences :-/