Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird Embedded on Intraweb Application
Author Svilen Stefanov
----- Original Message -----
From: Martijn Tonies
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Firebird Embedded on Intraweb Application

>>Hi,

>>I am trying to program an Intraweb Isapi Application using Firebird 1.5
rc7.

>> The application is builded in Delphi using Zeos 6 to connect to the
database.

>> Everything works fine until I try to connect to the database. If I try to
connect I get an Error 500 - Internal Server Error message in the browser
and the application dies.

>> I tried with the full version of the Firebird 1.5 rc 7 with the same
results.

>> The same application working as a EXE (not an Isapi DLL) connects and
works right.

>> Any idea what could be wrong?

>Well, I can tell you that you will run into problems. Firebird Embedded
>allows only a single connection to a database. So if multiple people are
>accessing your website, and each connection gets its own connection
>to the db, these will fail.

I am writing CGI soap webservice with connection to FB 1.5 RC7. Will FB fail if I have 2 client connections to the webservice (respectivly FB). I'll try to execute 2 threads from the client and I think it will be the same. I hope FB can do this with 1 db user.

Merry christmas.