Subject Re: [firebird-support] libstdc++.so.5
Author Sergio Lenzi
On Wednesday 17 December 2003 15:06, ThorstenNRW wrote:
> The C++ library in RH 7.x isn't compatible with Firebird 1.5
> SS.  Superserver won't install on Linuxen having a glibc package installed
> that is lower than glibc2.2.5. See the topic "Linux compatibilities" in
> the release notes.  If you don't have them, you can get them from
> www.ibphoenix.com.
> <<
>
> Under Debian Woody 3.0 it won't work either. You can't install under
> Debian simply the libstdc++.so.5 it would corrupt the system. A workaround
> would be to compile yourself the library on your system from the sources.
> But as said before: if the developers would link the libraray statically,
> all these problems would disappear.

or......

put the libstdc/glibc... in the /usr/local/firebird/lib....

export the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/firebird lib... and run the system
if the fb_inet_server is started by inetd, then make a "wrapper" like this
#!/bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/firebird/lib
exec /usr/local/firebird/bin/fb_inet_server

or......
edit the /etc/ld.so.conf and
add
/usr/local/firebird/lib

after a command:
ldconfig would rebuild the ld.so search logic....

I supose that the firebird is installed in /usr/local/firebird....

if not, change the path according...

Sergio