Subject Re: [firebird-support] Problem in very long query....
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
At 19:20 16/12/2003 -0200, you wrote:

>On Tuesday 16 December 2003 18:15, Aage Johansen wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:22:51 +0000 (UTC), Sergio Lenzi wrote:
> > > Hello all...
> > >
> > > That is me with the query error again...
> > >
> > > Is there a way to log the queries in the firebird server??? this would
> > > show me what is going on in the firebird engine...
> >
> > You could try to run it in IB_SQL (Jason Wharton's tool (from
> > IBObjects)). There are buttons for "Trace SQL and API calls" and "Profile
> > database activity" there. Maybe DatabaseWorkbench, IBExpert (and others)
> > have similar facilities.
> >
>Thanks but... is there a way to signal the firebierd classic server to log
>the sql queries in a file or syslog???
>
>That would be nice since working in the server, I could easyly trace the sql
>statements as they are being executed...

Sergio,

Log SQL statements, like MS SQL trace, has been discussed before, but I
think that this great and helpfull feature will be available just in FB
2.0. We implement this in our application (in the middle layer) pass a
parameter in teh command line and every SQL statement is logged to a file
with timestamp, a flag for sucess or failure of execution and the original
exception generated by FB.

But if you could not implement this in the application (lack of sources for
example) you can try some Packet Sniffer (Ethereal, etc).

see you !

Alexandre Benson Smith
Development
THOR Software e Comercial Ltda.