Subject Re: [firebird-support] Connecting different database.
Author Mahesh Ishwar
Thanks for ur prompt response.
Can u tell me where can I get an example for this sort of query?
I wanted to do it from within an input file given to isql. Or even if I could do it from within a stored procedure.

Thanks once a'ain.
Mahesh.

Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:
At 01:06 PM 15/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>The firebird version I'm working at is 1.5.0.3481 RC3.
>I wanted to know whether I can execute a query to an another database
>while being logged on to one (assuming that sufficient priveleges are
>granted)?

Yes, certainly.

>For example I'm connected to db_1 and I try to execute query on db_2 like this
>select * from db_2.table_1;

Firebird doesn't use database namespaces and it doesn't support joins
across database boundaries. But you can connect to multiple databases
simultaneously. You can also perform queries on multiple databases within
a single transaction, with two-phase commit - read data from tables in one
database and pass them to update or insert queries in tables in other
databases.

Helen