Subject Re: [firebird-support] Connecting different database.
Author Ivan Prenosil
>From: "Mahesh Ishwar" <meghanshic@...>
>I wanted to know whether I can execute a query to an another database while being logged on to one
> (assuming that sufficient priveleges are granted)? For example I'm connected to db_1 and I try to
execute
> query on db_2 like this
>select * from db_2.table_1;

You can be connected to several databases (and servers) simultaneously.
You can start single transaction using several connections.
However, each command executed in this multi-database transaction
can reference only one of these databases.

Since your example references only one database, it should work o.k.

Ivan