Subject Re: [firebird-support] odbc setup on linux ...
Author Bill Katelis
Yves Glodt wrote:

>On Friday 12 December 2003 05:16, Bill Katelis wrote:
>

>Extract them to a directory (e.g. /usr/lib/odbc/ in debian), and edit
>the odbc configuration files in /etc.
>

>If you use the ODBCConfig utility, you can set it up all graphically, as
>in windoze ;)
>
>regards,
>Yves
>

>>thanks
>>bill

Thankyou Yves.

Done all that but still have an issue with the following unixODBC error
message when testing the generic unixODBC isql utility:

Namely:
[unixODBC]Unable to connect to data source: library 'IscDbc' failed to
load: IscDbc: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Yet - IscDbc.so is stored in /usr/lib/odbc.
Is there an environment variable I need to set so it knows where to look
for it ?

thanks
bill