Subject Connection problems
Author Ernesto A. Zapata Icart
Hi:
I have running in my linux server -SuSE 9.0- Interbase 6.02, and I am
planning to pass everything to the version 1.5 of Firebird, but I have
connection problems. All the processes are running in correct form in my
server, as much those of Interbase as those of Firebird, I have made the
tests in Firebird and I have not had problems. Interbase and Firebird
use the same port of service, the 3050, but I changed Firebird the port
for the 3051. Now then, I use IBAdmin to work from the other side
(client-side), and it is there where I have problems. When I want to
connect myself to the Firebird database -(example.fdb)- the "client" of
Interbase it uses, and when I connect myself in form local it uses that
of Firebird. That it can be happening? Can I assign a port different
from the 3050 to Firebird, without having conflicts? As I can use both
databases without problems?

TIA

Ernesto

---