Subject Re: [firebird-support] error 335544373
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:23 AM 12/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi trying to connect to a remote db on w2003 server
>and get an error I have never seen before:
>
>"ISC Error Code 335544373
>
>operating system directive CreateFile failed
>The requested opereration cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped
>section open"

The error code is isc_sys_request so I guess that the server is failing to
get an exclusive lock on something because something else already has
it. Could it be that one of w2003 friendly little "offer-you-can't-refuse"
operations is going on? (I forget the name of the thing that w2003 has
instead of SystemRestore).

>There is no-one else connected
>It popsup even when entering wrong password which suggests
>it is occuring very early on in the proceedings.

Are you able to delete the .lck file(s)? Or something more obscure, like
the ip address you are supplying doesn't resolve to a valid string for
creating the .lck file?

/h