Subject RE: [firebird-support] Multiple DBMS Access to single GDB files
Author Markus Ostenried
At 08:49 Friday, 12.12.2003 +1100, you wrote:
>Can't be done anyway. The server will only work on a local system drive -
>not a mapped drive and the embedded server will not allow more than one
>connection.

this is copied from my firebird.conf file (FB 1.5 RC7):

<quote>
# ----------------------------
# Allow opening of data files on NFS volumes
#
# Allows for database files which exists on a NFS mounted partition to
# be opened by the engine.
#
# The original behavour was to try and connect to server on the remote
# machine via port 3050, this ensures that all opens of a file occur on
# the same machine and locking etc can be handled appropriately. However,
# this often causes frustration since often you end up in a position
# where you really do want db files to be opened by the local process
# even though it resides on a NFS share. So this option allows for this
# 'feature' to be turned off.
#
# Type: boolean
#