Subject Re: [firebird-support] Doubts about function in fbudf.so
Author Ivan Prenosil
From: "fabiano_bonin"
> After run fbudf.sql, i am trying to use the Round and Truncate
> functions, without success.
>
> Looking at declaration, i see the two parameters of both function as
> integers. Is it right? I was expecting to round and truncate double
> precision values.

It does not matter at all which datatype you specify for parameter
passed by descriptor, so yes, it is right.

But IMHO this syntax is wrong; half a year ago I proposed (on
firebird-devel)
to change it to

--FBUDF_API paramdsc* fbround(paramdsc* v, paramdsc* rc)
declare external function Round
descriptor,
descriptor
returns parameter 2
entry_point 'fbround' module_name 'fbudf';

but nobody answered then.

Ivan