Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: rpm - Firebird 1.5 - php
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:35 PM 9/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>I tried that the first time, however I noticed that libib_util.so is
>in /opt/firebird/lib. There is no libgds on the system, yet for
>Firebird 1.0.2, there is both a libgds.so and libib_util.so.

Try reading the releasenotes. Amongst many other interesting things, you
will find out that Fb 1.5 doesn't use libgds.so. If you have applications
that depend on the client library being named "libgds.so" then you will
need to install the Fb 1.5 client libfbclient.so on the client machines and
use a symlink. If you are using Classic server and don't use threading, you
can use libfbembed.so instead.

libib_util.so is still needed if you are using the ib_udf external functions.

We would appreciate it if you would trim your replies.

heLen