Subject Re: [firebird-support] Urgent!! File d:\cman3.fdb is not a valid database
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:02 AM 6/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi!. I am getting this error on the database
>

>"d:\cman3.fdb is not a valid database"
>
>Both gfix and gbak giving me same error.
>
>What can be the reason. It is not a backup file....
>
>I am using Firebird 1.5 release 5
>
>(btw: I tried FB1.5 Release 7, but no use)
>
>Can someone guid me to a free-DB repair utility or tell me how to
>repair it.

Yup. This sounds fairly serious. Go to www.ibsurgeon.com - there are
diagnostics and advice there and you can pick up a free tool which may help
to isolate and even repair the problem.

You say you have been copying the file - I just wonder whether you or
someone else might have been doing a system backup or similar while the
database was active; or, if it is a multi-file database, whether a file
might be missing...

heLen