Subject RE: [firebird-support] date functions
Author Russell Eva
OK what we have to do is automatically raise (billing) transactions for all
days between last billed transaction and the day that the process fires.
What we have is: Today (excluding time portion or defaulting to 00:00:00),
The date in for the billing, and the date out for the billing. We must
establish if the date out is earlier than start of day tomorrow (end of day
today) then a new transaction must be created with a date in of start of day
FOR THAT DAY's tomorrow and date out for start of day the following day. In
Delphi trunc - ing the dates works just fine but this must take place in a
SP

If I could get just the date portion of the datetime then I could (as you
know) just add integer values to increment the days. If there is another
way to achieve this, I'm all ears :-)

Tks

R.

_____

From: Helen Borrie [mailto:helebor@...]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 13:09
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] date functions

At 10:29 AM 5/12/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi, I have a small problem here, In the system I have to establish a start
>of day (and end of day which is start of tomorrow) based upon both 'NOW'
and
>a transaction datetime.
>
>Are there any udf's out there that one could use, alternatively I could
cast
>the date as a float, but this I tried and got a conversion error.

What would you achieve by casting the date as a float (if you could, which
you can't...)?

Describe how this start-of-day transition needs to work and we can help.

heLen

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c5lmv46/M=258297.4271147.5470572.4049140/D=egroup
web/S=1705115386:HM/EXP=1070708984/A=1683962/R=0/*http:/www.techsmith.com/rd