Subject Re: [firebird-support] How to start the server via API?
Author Olivier Mascia
Dear,

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 23:05:03 -0000,
dvdwalter wrote :

> How can I find out if the server is running?
> How can I start it if it ist inactive?

If you are only running on NT-kind OSes (not Win95/98/Me) and you
install and run Firebird as a Service, one way is to use the Windows
Services API. Microsoft SDK will give you all the detail info and for
an easy quick start, you might want to look at the code if the
instsvc.exe utility (which you will find in the src/utilities in files
install_svc.cpp and services.cpp). That will give you a starter on how
to use these MS service APIs. That's easy.

If you're using Win9x or Linux, some other techniques should be
investigated.

--
Best Regards,
Olivier Mascia