Subject Re: [firebird-support] Bypassing metadata referential integrity
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At December 4, 2003, 17:14, Rafael Szuminski wrote:

> is there a way to bypass the referential integrity check when dropping an object
> (View/table/SP etc.)?

Unfortunately not. This is an issue that has been talked about quite a
lot in the past. It is quite delicate and probably time consuming to
implement a solution in Firebird, but that does not mean that it will
be forgotten. Part of the solution that is being talked about is to
recompile the SPs and views when there is a change in the objects that
they depend on, and that would probably depend on what the change is.

> What I am trying to do is prevent the messy scripts where you have to drop all
> dependent objects first prior to dropping and recreating an object.

Everybody would love that. One thing that has been implemented in FB
1.5, is the ability to compile an empty SP(using CREATE or ALTER).

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail