Subject Re: [firebird-support] Who's guilty?
Author Lucas Franzen
Johannes Pretorius schrieb:

> Sorry What I tried to say was
>
> Personal I believe your problem ,due to the LARGE transaction gap, is a
> procedure that gets called on a trigger that gets affected
> by a record change that the procedure
> itself creates.

But which would still run inself the _SAME_ transaction context and
would NOT create a new transaction for every update it handles since
this is impossible.
So this can't be the reason for the enormous gap.

I think it's like Helen said: Something is happening on the client.

Maybe there's a single connection (or sth. like that, for example a
little program) surverying the database without ever doing any commit.

Luc.