Subject RE: [firebird-support] external table
Author Fred Pratt
Thanks much for your help on this. I will check into upgrading to RC6 and
will most definitely read the release notes . :-)
-----Original Message-----
From: Artur Anjos [mailto:artur@...]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 4:35 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] external table

Fred,

> I am using 1.5 RC4 and have checked the firebird dir for anything that
might
> be helpful but can find nothing that you could call a release notes
file.
> take it from your answer that this is a known problem, though.

1) Upgrade your RC4 to RC6, i think there is a release notes inside this
zip
file.
If not:

2) Latest Release Notes for Firebird 1.5:
http://www.ibphoenix.com/downloads/Firebird_v15.104_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Seek for information about security and external files. This is not a
problem, is a new feature to increase security at external tables level.

Small Advice: take your time reading the Release Notes. There are a lot of
news to be aware. The more info you've got, more time you will save. :-)

Artur

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor