Subject RE: [firebird-support] HELP! Unavailable database whatever I do!
Author dhay@lexmark.com
Hi Alan,

I only access the database through JDBC, so left the tcp stuff in
firebird.conf commented out.

Any other thoughts on where to look/what to try?

Cheers,

David

"Alan McDonald" <alan@...> on 03/11/2003 05:43:06 PM

Please respond to firebird-support@yahoogroups.com

To: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
cc:
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] HELP! Unavailable database whatever I
do!

> Hi Alan,
>
> fbserver is running fine in task manager (not using fbguardian on this
> machine), and it doesn't seem to be affected at all when I get the error.
> I'm just using command line isql to try and connect.
>
> Don't seem to be able to telnet to 3050, but can't seem to on
> machine where
> everything is working fine. Should I be able to be if I am just
> running on
> same machine?
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

can't telnet? Do you have TCP installed?

Alan