Subject Re: [firebird-support] Larger table or Archive table?
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 10/31/2003 03:32 PM (Friday), rjschappe wrote:
>Should I continue to archive my Orders and OrderItems or can I bring
>these back together???

Nothing beats a little experimentation. In a test copy of the DB try
combining the tables into one and see what effect it has on normal processing.

Also, consider creating a view which is the union of the current and
archived tables. Then report using the view. This would make reporting
easier but leave the other processing intact to achieve the increased speed.