Subject Re: Firebird V1.5 RC6 on SUSE 8.2
Author raid3868
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
wrote:
> At 04:22 AM 4/10/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a new fresh installation on Firebird Classic Server V1.5 RC6 on
> >SUSE 8.2. thing look good, I can connect my database,
> >
> >Question is how can i restart the Firebird Classic Server using command
> >without have to restart the OS?
> >
> >I am new in Linux.
>
> For Classic, you don't have to "start the server" at all. When a
client
> attaches, the xinetd service starts an instance of the fb_inet_server
> process automatically. When the client disconnects, the service
stops that
> process.
>
> You can look to see whether any server instances are running, using
this
> command in the bash shell:
>
> ps -aux | grep fb_inet_server
>
> You should see one line of output for each instance that is running.
>
> heLen

Hi helen,

Thank for your reply,

I am using Firebird for windows 2000 for about a year and i have about
20 server runing on firebird. Due to a lot of performance problem
in windows 2000, my database size is about 5GB running firebird
Superserver v1.0.3. In windows 2000 i can schedule backup using
bat file to do backup and restore.

I have some question and hope you can help me.

How to schedule a backup and restore in linux?
How to shutdown and restart firebird v1.5 when i change the
firedird.conf file? ( What i do i restart the Linux OS )

Pls help me

Tks/raid