Subject Re: [firebird-support] Migrating from Access to Firebird (Where are the autoincrement fields?)
Author Catalin PLACINTA
I forgot to mention that you could either use triggers or procedures, not
both.
My email contains the solution for both.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrique Lobo Weissmann" <kicolobo@...>
To: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 6:20 PM
Subject: [firebird-support] Migrating from Access to Firebird (Where are the
autoincrement fields?)

> Hi again,
>
> I´m thinking about migrate my old database (in the MS Access format)
to the Firebird format. But, reading here and there, trying to make this
migration a small doubt come to my mind: where are the autoincrement fields
in Firebird? Does Firebird have anything like these autoincremental fields
that exists in databases such as Access and Paradox? If does, how can I
declare a field to be of this type and, most important, when migrating my
old database (MS Access) to firebird, will I loose these fields or they will
be translated using the type Integer or something like it?